With the extended stay at home order, we’re finding new and creative ways to bring Navy Pier to you. What’s better than a delicious meal enjoyed in the comfort of your home? From Navy Pier’s on-site establishments, here are three recipes to help you do just that. Some are simple, some are seasonal, and all will taste great!
Stay tuned because we will be sharing part two of this Pier Recipes blog feature next week, too!
Serve alongside grilled meats and fish or with fresh spring vegetables and crackers as a snack.
4 avocados, diced
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cilantro, loosely packed
2 oz lime juice (approximately 2 limes)
.5 oz Cholula hot sauce
sea salt, to taste
½ – 1 cup water
Preparation: Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender, blend until pureed and smooth. Use water to thin. Adjust seasoning with salt and lime juice to taste.
To store: Cover mousse with plastic wrap and seal in an airtight container. Store in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
These 10 tips will bring a deep dish pizza to your home kitchen in no time!
Grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients/ toppings of your choice
1. The Dough – Roll out two dough balls. Place rack in the center of the even and preheat to 325°F.
2. Press it in – Butter the deep dish pan, then carefully press one of the rolled-out dough balls into the pan, coating the bottom and covering the edges.
3. Ingredients – Add in the ingredients of your choosing. Tip: Add veggie ingredients after the cheese step!
4. Oh, The Cheese – Add two heaping handfuls of freshly shredded mozzarella bliss. Add veggie ingredients of your choosing on top of the cheese.
5. Layer of Love – Add the second rolled out dough ball as the top layer over the cheese to create a flaky top that locks in the flavor of your favorite ingredients.
6. Flavor Seal – Crimp the edges to seal in the flavor, just like Grandma’s homemade pie. Trim off the excess dough from the top of the pan.
7. Sauce it up – Top with your favorite tomato sauce and an extra touch of Parmesan.
8. Bake it up – Place the pizza in the oven and bake to a golden-brown perfection. All good things take time, so please be patient! Baking time should be between 35-45 minutes. Remove the pizza when it’s a golden-brown color.
9. Slice and serve – Cut up individual servings of joy.
10. Enjoy! Share, devour, and repeat.
Serve with crackers for a tasty and creamy dish that goes great with your favorite Netflix show!
1 lb. crab meat special lump
10 oz. softened cream cheese
10 oz. mayonnaise
12 oz. sour cream
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
1 T hot sauce
1 T Worcestershire sauce
4 oz. shredded Asiago cheese
8 oz. artichoke hearts – drained
2 oz. Italian parsley – chopped
2 teaspoons garlic – granulated
2 teaspoon onion – granulated
1/8 teaspoon cumin – ground
¼ oz. kosher salt
5 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Combined softened cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Add Asiago cheese to mixture and fully combine.
3. Using a colander, rinse and drain artichoke hearts under cold running water for 30 seconds and add to mixing bowl.
4. Add parsley, garlic, onion, cumin, salt and Mozzarella cheese to bowl – mix thoroughly using gloved hands or rubber spatula.
5. Gently fold in crabmeat.
6. Add the mixture to an oven safe casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven until mixture reaches a 165 degree internal temperature. The dip top should be brown and bubbly.