On your next visit to Navy Pier, be sure to make a trip to Pier Park for a ride on the iconic and year-round Centennial Wheel. At nearly 200-feet, the soaring city and lake views are one of a kind. Whether you are visiting with a group of friends, family or on a romantic date, it is an awesome experience. Here are five ways to experience a beautiful sunset on the Centennial Wheel.
- Chicago Skyline: When looking west to the beautiful city skyline, catch the sun setting between Chicago’s magnificent skyline. This mix of nature, city and water will take your breath away.
- Lake Michigan: From your ride on the Wheel, you can enjoy views of the sun going down on Lake Michigan and the lakefront. This experience is truly one you won’t want to miss.
- Fall Foliage: A hidden gem sunset view on the Centennial Wheel is experiencing the sunset during the fall! With changing leaves and colors of gold, red and orange, it is a beautiful seasonal experience.
- Winter Wonderland: You may not know, but the Centennial Wheel has enclosed, climate-controlled gondolas and is heated during the winter. Experience a calming, winter sunset on the Wheel during the colder months in Chicago.
- Pier Park: For a playful sunset view, take in the scenes of Pier Park. Swinging rides, laughing children and frolicking friends will create a fun scenic sunset. After you experience a stunning sunset on the Centennial Wheel, check out more at the Pier from restaurants and shopping to cultural attractions.