Sunday, March 4, 2018
Global Connections: Holi
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Aon Grand Ballroom
Join us in the Aon Grand Ballroom for Holi, a Hindu spring festival celebrated in India and Nepal, also known as the “festival of colors” or the “festival of love.” Colored powder available while supplies last from 1pm-4pm in the Miller Lite Beer Garden*!
*Please Note: All powder throwing MUST take place outside in the Miller Lite Beer Garden. Absolutely NO POWDER THROWING will be tolerated inside Navy Pier hallways or in the Aon Grand Ballroom. Please help us keep our space clean and tidy for future events at Navy Pier! Thank you for your cooperation.
Holi Live Performances include:
- Funkadesi (an Indian, reggae, funk and Afro-Caribbean grooves fusion band)
- Zeshan B (native Chicagoan offering Indo-Pakistani feels through soul, blues and R&B music)
- Surahbi Ensemble (Chicago-based world music group offering an eclectic mix of sounds and movements)
- Mandala Arts (Mandala connects audiences and students with the vibrancy, flavors, and colors of the performing arts traditions of South Asia)
- Bollywood Groove (a Bollywood Dance, Fitness & Entertainment company in the Chicagoland area offering 35 classes throughout their various locations
- Cabinet of Curiosities (an experimental events company focused on creating new ceremonies, rituals, sophisticated puppetry and offering in-depth design consultation
- DJ Krush (“Mixing music into memories” coast to coast with his vibrant style of Bollywood, Bhangra, and International hits
- Peirce Bollywood Troupe
Navy Pier’s Holi Celebration is part of Global Connections, presented by ComEd, a free community event series. Learn more about Global Connections, and be sure to check out all of Navy Pier’s free events and programs throughout the year.