From recreation to relaxation & entertainment to education, Navy Pier offers activities & experiences for all.
With the extended stay at home order, we’re finding new and creative ways to bring Navy Pier to you. What’s better than a delicious meal enjoyed in the comfort of your home? From Navy Pier’s on-site establishments, here are three recipes to help you do just that. Some are simple, some are seasonal, and all will taste great!
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender, blend until pureed and smooth. Use water to thin. Adjust seasoning with salt and lime juice to taste.
To store: Cover mousse with plastic wrap and seal in an airtight container. Store in refrigerator for 3-5 days.
1. The Dough – Roll out two dough balls. Place rack in the center of the even and preheat to 325°F.
2. Press it in – Butter the deep dish pan, then carefully press one of the rolled-out dough balls into the pan, coating the bottom and covering the edges.
3. Ingredients – Add in the ingredients of your choosing. Tip: Add veggie ingredients after the cheese step!
4. Oh, The Cheese – Add two heaping handfuls of freshly shredded mozzarella bliss. Add veggie ingredients of your choosing on top of the cheese.
5. Layer of Love – Add the second rolled out dough ball as the top layer over the cheese to create a flaky top that locks in the flavor of your favorite ingredients.
6. Flavor Seal – Crimp the edges to seal in the flavor, just like Grandma’s homemade pie. Trim off the excess dough from the top of the pan.
7. Sauce it up – Top with your favorite tomato sauce and an extra touch of Parmesan.
8. Bake it up – Place the pizza in the oven and bake to a golden-brown perfection. All good things take time, so please be patient! Baking time should be between 35-45 minutes. Remove the pizza when it’s a golden-brown color.
9. Slice and serve – Cut up individual servings of joy.
10. Enjoy! Share, devour, and repeat.
1. Combined softened cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Add Asiago cheese to mixture and fully combine.
3. Using a colander, rinse and drain artichoke hearts under cold running water for 30 seconds and add to mixing bowl.
4. Add parsley, garlic, onion, cumin, salt and Mozzarella cheese to bowl – mix thoroughly using gloved hands or rubber spatula.
5. Gently fold in crabmeat.
6. Add the mixture to an oven safe casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven until mixture reaches a 165 degree internal temperature. The dip top should be brown and bubbly.