Join us for a sample of what's to come this summer! Enjoy performances, food, fireworks and significant discounts including 50% off parking and wheel rides.
Our first ever Summer Sampler event is not to be missed! There'll be discounts from Pier restaurants, retailers and attractions; and free food and drink samples. The event will conclude with the season’s first fireworks display at 9 p.m.
As an added bonus, all parking in Navy Pier’s garages will be half price. Rides on the iconic Centennial Wheel will also be half price as the hub of the Wheel displays the images of notable Chicagoans and 2,000 recent guests of the Pier.
Performances are scheduled every half hour and will preview the events and series planned for this summer, including:
- RE|dance group, Wave Wall Moves, presented by See Chicago Dance 2 p.m.
- Wave Wall Wax DJs, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30 p.m.
- Denita Inez of Desueño, Pier Dance, presented by See Chicago Dance, 3 p.m.
- School of Rock—Chicago West, youth performance. 4 p.m.
- Nathan Graham, Chi-Soul Fest artist, 5 p.m.
- LatiNxt DJs, curated by Future Rootz, perform at 5:30, 6:30, and 7:45 p.m.
- Gerry Hundt's Legendary One-Man Band, Skyline Sessions artist, 6 p.m.
- Water Colors, jazz series, David Scott Quartet presented by Southside Jazz Coalition, 7 p.m.
- Live on the Lake, pop music series, Melody Angel, 8:15 p.m.
- Navy Pier Fireworks, 9 p.m.
Shows, discounts and free samples include:
- Complimentary mini cocktails, Offshore
- $5 off kids or adult tickets for the architectural tour or the Skyline Lake Cruise, Shoreline Sightseeing, 10am-2pm (promo code: summersampler)
- Half-price river boat cruises, Seadog, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Craft beer brewing demonstration, Tangled Roots, 4:30 p.m.
- Country Music Concert by Isabella Maria and Dan Reyes plus a free bowl of Holy Cow! Potato Chips. Harry Caray's Tavern 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Classic rock music by Max Koepke, Margaritaville, 5 p.m.
- Street art by Hebru Branley and street art craft project (ages 3 and up), Chicago Children’s Museum
- Free souvenir jars with purchase of vodka lemonade, Lettuce Entertain You at Big City Chicken
- Party Hat Challenge and dance party (ages 4 and up), Chicago Children’s Museum
- Free mini chocolate bars, Kilwins
- Free sample cups of cinnamon-roasted almonds, Completely Nuts
- Complementary sample of Garrett's Mix, Garrett’s
- Mini hot dog flights, $5, America’s Dog and Burger
- Free empanada with purchase of Margarita, Beat Kitchen
- Free Wisconsin cheese curds and a delicious “Henry’s Holiday” frozen cocktail, Tiny Tavern
- Free garlic bread samples, Giordano’s
- 15% discounts, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., from participating retailers including The Neighborhood, Art-K-Texture, This Socks, Dockside, Cotacachi Handy Crafts, Best Gift Idea Ever, Fashion Bazaar, Gold & Silver Art FX, Magnetic Attraction, Making History, The Navy Pier Store, Chicago Sunglass Co., Chicago Sport & Novelty, Oh Yes Chicago, and Nakamol
Offers available while supplies last.
In alignment with the City of Chicago, Navy Pier will no longer require face masks or proof of vaccination to dine indoors. Navy Pier supports any guests who prefer to continue wearing face masks. Individual restaurants, shops and attractions may have stricter rules. Navy Pier will follow the city’s mandates as they arise. All events subject to change or cancellation.