You’ll never forget a holiday cruise on Lake Michigan. This December, get more for the most wonderful season aboard Odyssey— fine dining, festive music and fabulous views are the perfect way to celebrate!
- 2-hour cruise on Lake Michigan with incredible skyline views
- 3-course, plated holiday dinner menu
- Upscale DJ and dance floor
- Cash bar
Board: 6pm | Cruise: 7 – 9pm | Price: from $109.90* per person
To learn more or purchase, call 888.957.2634 or visit odysseycruises.com
Raise your glass to the year ahead and ring in 2019 aboard Mystic Blue! Take one last night to let loose before kicking into high gear on your New Year’s resolutions. Try delicious holiday bites and sip champagne before the clock strikes midnight.
- Get an early start on New Year’s celebrations
- A 3-hour cruise with incredible Chicago skyline views
- Signature buffet-style dinner menu
- DJ, dancing, and festive holiday decor
Board: 8:30pm | Cruise: 9:30pm – 12:30am
For reservations, call 888.957.2634 or visit mysticbluecruises.com
In the sequel to “FLOWERTALES: Every Garden Has a Story to Tell”, the Chicago Flower & Garden Show returns in 2019 with “FLOWERTALES: The Story Grows On!” and includes an expanded show with more than 700 plant varieties including roses, hydrangea, tulips, hyacinth, azaleas, veggies and more, a new plant variety display will be presented by the National Garden Bureau — PLUS an all-new floorplan designed by the IL Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects!
Local landscape designers, builders and suppliers will create realistic solutions within feature landscapes and garden vignette displays that inspire and demonstrate to attendees the possibilities for their own gardens, yards or balconies. Creators will interpret the unique role flowers, plants and gardens play in the stories of our lives and literature, from Wednesday, March 20 through Sunday, March 24, 2019, in Festival Halls A & B at Navy Pier.
In addition to the inspiring landscapes and garden vignettes, the show features:
- The Get Growing Education Series – A continued focus on educational, interactive workshops and seminars by leading industry professionals – Including the very popular POTTING PARTY the container garden make & take workshop — sign up when you arrive 4-workshops daily
- Garden Gourmet Stage – Culinary demonstrations by top Chefs
- Kids Activity Garden – FREE Hands-on fun and learning for future gardeners – plus a live butterfly exhibit and animals from the Racine Zoo
- Horticulture Photography Competition – A judged exhibit by more than 150 amateur photographers
- Tablescapes Exhibit – Cutting-edge ideas for the dining table presented by leading interior and floral designers
- The Home & Garden Marketplace – A shopper’s paradise with exhibitors of green-industry and related goods and services
- Regional Cake Decorating Competition – The region’s top bakers will compete and design awe-inspiring cakes – Sunday, March 24
- Evening in Bloom – a charity VIP preview event that provides a sneak peek of the Flower & Garden Show prior to opening to the public. Flowers, Food & Fashion! Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Tickets available soon!
More about the Chicago Flower & Garden Show
On June 16, 1847, the CHS held its first Exhibition of Fruits and Flowers, where it showcased ornamental plants and displays of prized fruits and flowers. The exposition was a surprise hit. Enthusiastically received by both tradesmen and the general public, the success of this event established the growing role of horticulture in the city’s footprint—a role that continues to flourish to this day.
The show has since evolved. From decade to decade it has moved venues, grown in size and expanded its list of attractions. Today the show welcomes more than 40,000 attendees to the Festival Halls in Navy Pier, where they can experience every facet of horticulture. While visiting, attendees can walk through life-sized gardens, participate in DIY workshops, learn from educational seminars, enjoy garden-to-table cooking presentations and more. Through the decades of the show’s experience, its legacy remains the same: it continues to capture the hearts of thousands year after year.
Since 2011, the annual event has been produced by Flower Show Productions, which includes the visionary leadership of owner and director Tony Abruscato. Through his commitment and the dedication of sponsors and supporters, the Chicago Flower & Garden Show is encouraging new generations to get involved and be inspired by gardening.