Did Someone Say National Dessert Day?
Monday, October 14 is National Dessert Day! As if you need an excuse to treat yourself to a sweet treat or two, we’ve put together this helpful list of delicious desserts so you and your favorite sweets lover can celebrate the holiday at Navy Pier. Enjoy!
- Frozen Hot Chocolate at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville: This kid and adult friendly dessert (available in both an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version) is a cool, refreshing take on the original Hot Chocolate for all of the chocolate lovers out there.
- Pumpkin Shaved Snow, Donut Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwich and Pumpkin Spice Milkshake at Snow Dragon Shavery: Get into the fall spirit with these pumpkin spiced October specials, available through October 31. Don’t miss them!
- Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich at Snow Dragon Shavery: Another staple menu item at Snow Dragon Shavery, this dessert sandwich features signature macarons on the outside, filled with creamy ice cream on the inside.
- Pumpkin Milkshake at America’s Dog & Burger: Another fall treat is available here, pairing smooth ice cream with sweet pumpkin flavor for the perfect seasonal milkshake.
- Pretzel Sundae at Tiny Tavern: Navy Pier’s craft cocktail destination Tiny Tavern also whips up amazing desserts. Make sure to try their Pretzel Sundae, featuring a deep fried pretzel, caramel, chocolate, vanilla ice cream and option whipped cream. Yum!
- Churro Milkshake at Xurro: This creative combination pairs signature churros with a milkshake for a unique and scrumptious dessert, topped with a mini churro pop and a torched s’mores pop.
- Dark Chocolate Fondue at Offshore: Take in 360 stunning views of the skyline and Lake Michigan as you sample this treat with marshmallows and salty pretzels for a fun fondue dessert experience.
- Other Must-Visit Spots for National Dessert Day:
- Ozzie’s Pops & Pretzels: Try these fresh-made popsicles, featuring flavors like banana chocolate, strawberry, Oreo chocolate, dulce de leche and peanut butter & jelly.
- Frio Gelato: Argentine gelato and sorbets are prepared in a gluten-free and nut-free kitchen for an accessible National Dessert Day stop for all!
- Ben & Jerry’s: Everyone loves a classic ice cream cone, so be sure to visit Ben & Jerry’s during National Dessert Day at Navy Pier.
- Brown Sugar Bakery: Pick up a cupcake for here or to-go at Brown Sugar Bakery, a James Beard nominated local bakery!
After all of this sugar, don’t miss Navy Pier’s retail, attractions and free programming, including Pier Pumpkin Lights, on National Dessert Day while you’re here.
Share your favorite dessert from Navy Pier on social media and don’t forget to use #NavyPier and #NationalDessertDay for a chance to be featured on our channels: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.