10 Things We’re Thankful For
We cannot wait for Thanksgiving and besides all of the turkey, stuffing and family memories, this holiday is a great time for reflection and gratitude. At Navy Pier there is so much to be thankful for, so in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here’s our list of 10!
- Chicago: Navy Pier is proud to be Chicago’s iconic lakefront destination for nearly 9 million guests per year. Whether it’s Lake Michigan’s stunning views, the city skyline, or changing seasons, Navy Pier would not be the same without this amazing city.
- Navy Pier Guests: From locals to international guests, we are so thankful for everyone who visits the Pier and enjoys all that there is to offer, from attractions to dining, retail to cruises and beyond.
- Free Arts and Cultural Programming: Navy Pier is committed to offering guests free, one-of-kind experiences and year-round arts and cultural programming. We’re so thankful to be able to host these events and welcome all to attend. This month, join us for Housegiving, a free house music celebration and donation drive for the homeless, featuring special DJ performances from local artists! The event will be held Wednesday, November 27 from 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m. Learn more here and hope to see you there!
- Dining & Retail: We want to thank all of the wonderful dining options throughout the Pier, from table service restaurants to kiosks to counter service spots, for keeping Navy Pier guests happy and fed! We are also grateful for the wonderful retailers throughout Navy Pier who provide great gifts, collectibles, apparel and more.
- Cruises and Tours of Chicago: As Navy Pier is Chicago’s lakefront treasure, we’re so thankful for our boating partners and other tours of Chicago that depart from the Pier.
- Safety and Accessibility: Navy Pier is committed to providing the best experience for guests in making their visit to Navy Pier safe, accessible, comfortable and enjoyable. We are grateful to continue to provide that to our guests.
- Centennial Wheel and Attractions: There’s no better way to see the city and Lake Michigan than on the iconic Centennial Wheel! We’re so thankful to have Pier Park and exciting rides and attractions to keep guests entertained and having fun here.
- Cultural Attractions: Navy Pier is home to many of the most beloved attractions in the city, including Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Chicago Children’s Museum and Navy Pier IMAX® at AMC. We’re so proud to be the home of these mission-driven cultural spots.
- Events at Navy Pier: Navy Pier is grateful to be the venue for so many spectacular events held in the city. From the Aon Grand Ballroom and The Crystal Gardens to Festival Hall and Lakeview Terrace, Navy Pier’s breathtaking venues and unmatched service provide an unparalleled private event experience.
- Pier-wide Partners: Navy Pier is so thankful to all corporate partners and lead foundation partner Polk Bros Foundation for its generous support: American Airlines, Aon, Big Bus Chicago, Fifth Third Bank, Impact, Miller Lite, Pepsi and People’s Energy.
Celebrate Thanksgiving Weekend With Us!
Although Navy Pier is closed for Thanksgiving, we invite you to celebrate the weekend with us! Don’t miss Housegiving on Wednesday, November 27. Also, Navy Pier will be open on Black Friday and will be unveiling the first-ever Winter Wonder Market. Your one-stop shop for all things holiday, Winter Wonder Market will feature unique gifts, seasonal treats and food specials and special appearances by Santa & Mrs. Claus. Please check back on our website for details on the opening day!
Post what you’re most thankful for at Navy Pier and use #NavyPier for a chance to get featured on our channels: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.