September 18, 2019
Wednesday, September 18 is National Cheeseburger Day and Navy Pier is the place to be! From classic cheeseburgers to more tricked out versions, treat yourself to a cheeseburger at Chicago’s iconic lakefront destination this week. From left to right: Harry Caray’s Tavern, Tiny Tavern photo courtesy of Instagram – @tinytavernchi, Billy Goat Tavern Burger at […]
Wednesday, September 18 is National Cheeseburger Day and Navy Pier is the place to be! From classic cheeseburgers to more tricked out versions, treat yourself to a cheeseburger at Chicago’s iconic lakefront destination this week.
- Burger at Offshore: With avocado, white cheddar, bacon and aioli, you can enjoy this cheeseburger at the world’s largest rooftop bar and restaurant at Navy Pier while taking in panoramic views of Lake Michigan and the Chicago city skyline.
- Cheeseburger at Billy Goat Tavern: A great spot for National Cheeseburger Day is Billy Goat Tavern, the popular and widely recognized Chicago restaurant & bar known for its famous “Cheezborger.” At the fifth Billy Goat Tavern location in the city, Navy Pier guests are guaranteed to leave happy. Available in original, double or triple, these will please any appetite and hunger level!
- ½ pound All-American Burger at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: For a surf and turf experience, try an All-American cheeseburger at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company and then treat yourself to other specialty seafood dishes on their menu. You can also upgrade it to a BBQ Cheeseburger with onion rings – yum!
- Holy Cow! Burger at Harry Caray’s Tavern: This fan-favorite at Harry Caray’s Tavern features candied bacon, smoked gouda, lettuce, tomato and Harry’s Steak Sauce. Served with fries or coleslaw, this spot is Harry Caray’s waterfront location and features outstanding barbecue, local craft beer, world class sports memorabilia and a lake location.
- Havana Burger at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville: Try this new menu item on National Cheeseburger Day, which is topped with Swiss cheese, ham, pulled pork, lettuce, pickles and a Creole mustard sauce. The Burgers in Paradise section of the menu also has other options, which are custom blended all-natural burgers cooked to order with signature seasonings.
- The Burger at Riva Crabhouse: With Boston lettuce, Havarti cheese, tomato, a brioche bun and a side of frites, this cheeseburger will pair perfectly with Riva’s other fresh seafood and pasta dishes and spectacular wine selection.
- Tavern Burger at Tiny Tavern: At Navy Pier’s craft cocktail destination Tiny Tavern, try the customizable Tavern Burger, which starts with a grass-fed beef burger serviced with lettuce, tomato, pickle and onion on a brioche bun, with add-ons including a double tavern burger, bacon addition, and three choices of cheese (Swiss, American or cheddar) for one great cheeseburger!
If you only have a little while to enjoy National Cheeseburger Day, you can also pick up a delicious cheeseburger quickly at these dining establishments at Navy Pier: America’s Dog & Burger, McDonald’s and the Miller Lite Beer Garden.
When you’re done with your cheeseburger, don’t forget to check out other rides, attractions and retail at Navy Pier for an awesome day. Please visit our events calendar for an ongoing list of happenings around the Pier, too.
Say “Cheese” and share your favorite National Cheeseburger Day photo on social media! Don’t forget to post it with #NavyPier for a chance to be featured on our channels and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.